This project is read-only.

Idea - don't display non-dedicated team members with 0 work open

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM

What do you think about this idea: have an option to not display team members with 0 work open. My thought is that as team members complete their work, the ones with remaining work will get bigger on the display since there will be more space after removing the team members that are done. That way it brings more attention to those who are left.

I'm ok with removing everyone who doesn't have any work left, but it might make more sense to only remove those team members that are marked as not dedicated. You might want to still see team members dedicated to the sprint who finish early so that you can distribute the work to them.

What do you think?

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM

That seems to make sense, and to my understanding, that is how it is (or should be?) working. Just to make things clear: are you seeing 0 work items open and 0 hours remaining? Or are there still hours allocated in some Sprint Backlog Item, and that is the reason why it is showing in the monitor?

Sep 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM

There are hours in the "Done" column, but not in the "Open" column. In the "Open" column I see 0 Backlog Items and 0h Work. The teammembers are dimmed out, but are still displaying. I'm using the monitor in dual-monitor mode if that makes a difference.

Also, I just noticed a teammember who has 1 Backlog Item in the "Open" column, but 0h+ Work showing that their item doesn't have an estimate (BTW I like that feature ;-). Their team member rectangle is also dimmed even though they have an open backlog item.

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:57 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.