Outlook Integration

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM
First of all, thank you very much for this tool! I appreciate the effort that has gone into it.

I like the option on the newest version v1.0.0.83) to consider calendar items marked Tentative as free time. I would like to see this option extended to other time categories as well.
For right or for wrong, we track known meeting times as sprint tasks for people to track time against. So, most meetings on developer's calendars are related to the project.

In my situation, I'd only consider any calendar item marked at Out Of Office as excluded from the free time. Then I could have developers set all vacation, holidays, or non-project meetings (company meetings, performance reviews, etc) as OOO.

Also, on my screen at least, for the last two versions, I cannot see the status of the check-box(es) in the outlook integration section of the configuration screens. I can see a checkmark faintly when I actually click, but then it looks empty regardless of the state. I can provide a screenshot if it would help.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM
Thanks. I'm glad that you find it useful!

I considered implementing generic support for mapping Outlook states to free/busy states, but in the end I felt it would only complicate UI unnecessarily.

Regarding the checkbox issue, I experienced that issue with Windows XP running Classic theme. I was fixed in build 1.0.0.84 (not yet released). Thanks for reporting it, in any case.