Exception: 'teamMemberName'

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:54 AM
I've tried setting up the Scrum Sprint Monitor using ClickOnce.  After filling in the configuration details, all I see is a grey window with the text "Exception: 'teamMemberName'."  Where do I go from here?
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM
It appears that your team-info.xml file does not contain an entry for a team member that has a work item assigned in the current sprint. Have you customized the team-info.xml file with your team members?

In any case, I have published a new version of the application (1.0.0.70), which will provide more useful information in this case, stating in the error message the name of the team member that is missing in the team-info.xml file.

Please let me know if this helps you get through with the application.

Thanks for your feedback.
Jun 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I've just tried again using the most recent code from CodePlex (1.0.0.101).  No more exceptions!  However, I don't see the team members listed like you show in the screenshot on the home page.  Thoughts on what to check?

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Well, if you already have configured all your team members in team-info.xml, then I guess the question becomes whether the tool is picking up the Sprint Backlog Items. Sprint Backlog Items are the source of the data that is shown in the team member list. Do you see any meaningful data on the rest of the screen, or is it all set to zero?

If you could send a screenshot, that would be the best way to figure out what is happening.

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Turned out that I had still forgotten to update the file.  :)  I had tried to edit it with Excel but didn't get that figured out.  I did step through the code, and I saw it was trying to log the missing team member to the log file... but when I restarted the app and clicked the link for the log, there was nothing there.  It looked like the log was overwritten when the app restarted.

At any rate, I've got it all working now!  Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Great to hear you got it working! It seems like the log configuration file is set to overwrite, and not append. You can easily change that behavior by editing the file, which is located in the same folder as the log file.