SCRUM Monitor for TFS 2010 with Microsoft SRUM Template 1.0

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hi,

SCRUM Monitor is really a great looking tool, i'm wondering when we will see the new build for TFS 2010 with Microsoft SRUM Template 1.0?

Is there any work around for configuring SCRUM Monitor in TFS 2010 with MS SCRUM template 1.0 ?. I tried to configure it but it’s not displaying the proper data and team members. I choose the SCRUM for team system v3 template since MS template 1.0 is not available.

Any suggestions regarding work around will be really appreciated.

Thank You

Regards,

Bilal

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hi BilalKhan,

When Scrum Template 1.0 came out, I took a look at it, but quickly noticed that they did not support some required fields (I believe they have no notion of work done), so the out of the box the template was not useful for Scrum Sprint Monitor. You could easily add those fields to your process template installation, and then recompile Sprint Monitor to recognize those fields.

I would make a copy of MsfAgileProcessTemplateAdapter.cs and MsfAgileWorkItemAdapter.cs in the Implementation.TFS project file and adapt those classes to read the fields you added to the process template and return the required data.